WELCOME VAN NESS FAMILIES!
LAST CHANCE TO ORDER PHOTOS IS JUNE 15, 2023. AFTER THIS DATE THE PHOTOS WILL BE ARCHIVED AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.
School Photos Are Ready!
– Please review the video above for ordering instructions
– Before entering the school photo gallery please fill out the model release below if you are okay with me using your child’s photos for promotional purposes.
– You can order prints and digitals right from you child’s gallery
– New this year – If you have more than one child you can now place a single order!!!!
– The password for you individual gallery is your child’s 2 digit month and 2 digit day of birth. For example if your child was born on April 5th the password would be 0405.
– PRINT ORDERING DEADLINE: 04/28/2023
After 04/28/23 you may still order but there will be shipping charges for your order.
Model Release and Consent:
The Client grants Rebecca McGonigle of NOVA Portraits and its legal representatives and assigns the right to use and publish images and photographs taken at your session to further promote its service, including portfolio, website, display, advertisement, social media, print, and editorial use unless otherwise discussed beforehand. NOVA Portraits agrees to limit the use of these images and photographs to promotional and educational use only. NOVA Portraits may revoke this license at any time and for any reason. NOVA Portraits retains all copyrights to the images and derivative works thereof.
I respect every client and model’s privacy. I will not use your images without your consent. Please select from the options below regarding your comfort level with the Model Release Statement above.
Meet Your School Photographer
Hi! I am Rebecca McGonigle.
I am thrilled to photograph your students this year!
I work with schools all across the VA, DC, and MD area. My primary goal is to provide images that truly showcase your student’s unique personalities.
I am a Mom myself, to 2 beautiful daughters. I love watching them play Lacrosse almost every weekend of the year.
What To Wear For School Pictures?
Picture day is a great time for kids to express who they are! Make sure to involve your kids in the process of picking an outfit. Picture day will go much easier if they have a choice. You can find some tips on how to prepare for picture day here. So lets get into some do’s and don’ts for picture day outfits!
- Allow your child to help you pick the outfit.
- Make sure the clothing fits well.
- Add accessories that add a pop of color
- Solid colors, or well done patterns work best
- Wear clothing with graphics or words. Our brains are wired to look for logos or words and they take away from your child’s beautiful face.
- Wear neon or flourescent colors. These colors will reflect onto your child’s skin in the pictures.
How Will I Order?
Within 2 weeks of picture day, the school will send you a link to a private online gallery. In the gallery your child will have a password protected online picture album to view your pictures. You will choose and order your pictures from the online album.
You will have one week to order prints and/or digital files. The ordering process is simple and secure.
When Will I Receive My Order?
Digital orders are delivered immediately by email. Prints and products will be ready 2 – 3 weeks after you order depending on the lab processing time and delivered to the school for distribution.
Can I Take A Screen Shot Of The Images?
NO YOU CAN’T! So here’s why. It is super important to me as an artist and business owner that you respect the copyright of the images. My income as an artist is dependent on the purchase of the images. I do not get paid by the school. By participating in picture day you agree that you will not screen shot images and refrain from sharing images on social media until after images are purchased. Thank you for understanding!
Get In Touch
Northern Virginia Family Photography