WELCOME JOHN BURROUGHS FAMILIES!
Spring 2023 Picture Dates!
Tuesday March 28th
Wednesday March 29th
Grades 2 – 5
– You will choose and order your photos online about 1-2 weeks after picture day
– There are no paper order forms and no pre-ordering
– See below for a list of prices for print and digital options
– Keep reading below for tips on what to wear and what to expect after picture day
Meet Your School Photographer
Hi! I am Rebecca McGonigle.
I am thrilled to photograph your students this year!
I work with schools all across the VA, DC, and MD area. My primary goal is to provide images that truly showcase your student’s unique personalities.
I am a Mom myself, to 2 beautiful daughters. I love watching them play Lacrosse almost every weekend of the year.
What To Wear For School Pictures?
Picture day is a great time for kids to express who they are! Make sure to involve your kids in the process of picking an outfit. Picture day will go much easier if they have a choice. You can find some tips on how to prepare for picture day here. So lets get into some do’s and don’ts for picture day outfits!
- Allow your child to help you pick the outfit.
- Make sure the clothing fits well.
- Add accessories that add a pop of color
- Solid colors, or well done patterns work best
- Wear clothing with graphics or words. Our brains are wired to look for logos or words and they take away from your child’s beautiful face.
- Wear neon or flourescent colors. These colors will reflect onto your child’s skin in the pictures.
How Will I Order?
Within 2 weeks of picture day, the school will send you a link to a private online gallery. In the gallery your child will have a password protected online picture album to view your pictures. You will choose and order your pictures from the online album.
You will have one week to order prints and/or digital files. The ordering process is simple and secure.
When Will I Receive My Order?
Digital orders are delivered immediately by email. Prints and products will be ready 2 – 3 weeks after you order depending on the lab processing time and delivered to the school for distribution.
Can I Take A Screen Shot Of The Images?
NO YOU CAN’T! So here’s why. It is super important to me as an artist and business owner that you respect the copyright of the images. My income as an artist is dependent on the purchase of the images. I do not get paid by the school. By participating in picture day you agree that you will not screen shot images and refrain from sharing images on social media until after images are purchased. Thank you for understanding!
Get In Touch
Northern Virginia Family Photography